Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Message reloaded

Many of you probably don't know my story and wonder why all of a sudden my current location changed to Martinesti, judetul Hunedoara, in the middle of an age where modernism and comfort are most likely to be found in big cities and are so eagerly loved...
A couple of years ago, mu husband and I decided that it was better for our kids to have the freedom of living a real life surrounded by nature and breathing a totally fresh air and moreover, living a vertical life as much as we, their parents, could offer them.
Have started from scratch as some ages ago our grandparents had done and bit by bit building up a new life, healthy and quiet... We have been through hard times but that's not my focus on this page.

This page focuses on books, on reading, on cultivating children's love for books.

I am a teacher of English who has become a dedicated mother and doesn't want to forget about the passion of teaching young learners.

The village we live in has a kindergarten, a school and also a library.

In the library there are no books in English for kids. I teach English as a volunteer to kindergarten kids and I am sure that they deserve more.

I named this project "Open a child's eye with a book" because I think that learning a foreign language and having the opportunity to browse through a book in a foreign language, looking at its pictures, smelling its smell and at one point having the feeling of understanding what it's written there and all happening in the mind and heart of a village chiild... this is so so fulfilling!

That's me trying to gather children's books in English for the kids in the village. Be it used, old, new, it doesn't matter... it is a step forward for all these kids...

So, if you happen to be interested, just give me a sign!

I want it to be a Christmas present for all these kids!

I don't aim at a certain number of books... We could start with 5 or 10... Books that could be borrowed from the local library!!!

A dearest and old friend of mine suggested I should post an address where people could send books. Well, I'd rather be asked for that! As it is my own address... I know many of you want to send books as a surprise but... I'll see what I can do with the librarian if we could post the address of the library up here. It's about the Romanian Post as they don't bring the parcels to their sender's, one has to go to the Post Office and pick them up... and I want to make sure everything is alright... THANK YOU again!

I am open for questions!

With hope,
Adri

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Posts